Darhon Software creates applications for different platforms using Qt libraries under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) version 3.
The LGPL does permit users to license software programs that merely link with the LGPL licensed library under different license terms provided certain requirements are met. In essence this means that our software may be distributed under GNU General Public License (GPL) or under Proprietary License that dynamically link to the LGPL-licensed Qt libraries provided.
Regardless of the applying license agreement, our applications are available in any of two distributions: Paid and Free. The actual distribution will depend on the targeted platform. The same application may be a Free distribution in one platform and a Paid distribution in another one.
The software distributed by our site under GNU General Public License (GPL) follows the philosophy of the Open Source (OSS) initiative. The following definitions summarizes the main criteria for the software licensed under GPL:
- Free redistribution: No restriction to any party from giving away the software and no royalty is required for this action.
- Source code: The source code is available to be downloaded.
- Derived work: Modifications are allowed and derived works can be distributed under the same terms as the license of the original software.
- No discrimination: There is not discrimination against any person or group of persons or fields of endeavor.
- Technological neutral: No provision of the license may be predicated on any individual technology or style of interface.
Darhon Software exercises certain exclusive rights over the software summarizing below:
- Use of the software: No restrictions in the use of the software applies.
- Inspection and modification of source code: The software is distributed in binary format and source code is not available for the end user.
- Redistribution: There are no restrictions in redistributing and sharing with others.
- No discrimination: There are not discrimination against any person or group of persons or fields of endeavor.
Distribution & Version
The package for a Free distribution can be downloaded freely and used under our license agreement published in the product's page. Gold version is already enabled and there is no need to purchase any activation code.
The package for a Paid distribution can be downloaded freely and used under our license agreement published in the product's page. In this case, a Silver version is enabled by default with limited functionality to test the application without time restriction and still get a useful experience for basic needs. Therefore, in order to unlock these restrictions, you will need to purchase a Gold version.